Are you an experienced Mental Health Nurse looking for the next step in your career and an opportunity to work for a Trust rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC? If so, we might just have the role for you!
This role attracts the Duty Senior Nurse (DSN) allowanceof £2,000 pa.The core function of the DSN is to operationally manage the hospital on a rotational basis. You will be responsible for ensuring safe staffing across the wards, be the first responder to emergencies, and be contacted with calls or queries that do not relate to specific inpatients or wards. The role is broad and varied and gives a great opportunity to develop your leadership and problem-solving skills with the opportunity to collaborate with a wide range of professionals and teams.
Our flexible working patterns consisting of short days (7.5hrs), long days (12hrs) & nights (10.75hrs) give colleagues options that support an improved work life balance.
Daisy ward is a mixed Acute ward providing care to adults with mental health conditions such as Bipolar affective disorder, depression, and schizophrenia. The ward can support the needs of up to 20 patients in a caring and compassionate environment. Based in Reading, located close to the amenities of the town centre and a leafy park, the wards work closely with patients and families to help them to identify their needs and participate actively in their care, providing a place of empathy, kindness, and compassion.
Our Acute Wards can offer you a great environment that will enable you to develop your clinical and leadership skills as a Deputy Ward Manager
• Act as a clinical team leader for a group of nominated staff. Take charge of the ward in the absence of the ward manager and be responsible for the overall management of the ward.
• Assist in the implementation of clinical/management supervision of staff within the ward area.
• Take a lead role in the implementation of clinical care and the evaluation of nursing outcomes.
• Assist the ward manager with planning efficient use of staffing resources on the ward. Ensure that staffing levels are safe and contain the necessary skills mix, showing due regard to the need for effective budgetary management.
• Maintain effective systems of communication within the multi-disciplinary team and with patients and relatives.
• Develop your leadership skills to become competent in fulfilling the DSN (Duty Senior Nurse) role on a rotational basis within 6-9 months of starting your role dependant on previous experience.
• Be proactive in the production and implementation of new ideas and methods of care.
• Ensure that the learning needs of students allocated to the ward are met, including the development of education packages
Berkshire Healthcare has a record of achievement and success that places us as one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We are rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC, we have a history of strong financial performance, and we have a highly skilled and engaged workforce. We aspire to be an outstanding organisation for everyone: our people, our patients, their families, and their carers.
Some of the benefits of joining our team:
• Salary ranging from £33,706 – £40,588 per annum
• Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
• Annual leave – 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
• Excellent learning and development opportunities
• Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
• Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
• Advanced IT enablement and support
• Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff.
• And so much more
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. The Trust is also committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
The 4 “must haves” for you to be considered for this role:
1. Registered Mental Health Nurse
2. Mentorship qualification
3. Experience in a mental health setting
4. Evidence of continuing professional development and portfolio of evidence available
If you recognise yourself in these requirements, we recommend you apply today!
We will aim to get back to you with an outcome on your application within 3 working days. We look forward to receiving an application from you!
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Please don’t hesitate to call Gilbert Orwako on 0118 9605000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org who will be delighted to help.
This advert closes on Monday 24 Apr 2023
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.