Due to internal promotion we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Nurse to join our committed and supportive Cardiology Team. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Nurse who is looking to extend their knowledge and skills in an acute Cardiac/Medical environment.
What we look for:
• An experienced Band 5 or 6 nurse with motivation and passion to work with a supportive and committed team.
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, looking to build relationships with the wider multi-disciplinary team.
• Ambition and drive whilst maintaining excellent standards of care.
• The ability to support, supervise and assess others in their learning whilst demonstrating strong leadership skills.
What we Offer:
• The opportunity to work within an experienced and knowledgeable Cardiology Team where you will be encouraged and supported to develop across all areas.
• Encouragement to enhance your knowledge and skills and support to attend ECG Interpretation courses and consolidate your learning.
• Joining an established service at a time when we are looking to rapidly expand to meet the growing needs of our population.
• Your life outside HHFT is important, and the Trust are happy to consider applications with flexible working patterns that cater to individual requirements; this can be discussed at interview
The Coronary Care Unit (CCU) is a 19 bedded acute ward plus an additional 12 bedded Cardiology/Step down ward. The team rotate across both of these areas caring for our patients with cardiac conditions. Immediately adjacent is the Cardiac Cath Lab and Daycase Recovery Unit which is supported by a large Cardiac Investigation Unit on the same floor that provide Echo, Pacing and Outpatient Clinics to all our Cardiac Patients. CCU will take direct admissions from the Ambulance Service as well as transfers from ED and other areas for patients requiring cardiac monitoring and acute care. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding care for every patient in line with the Trusts Core values. We are currently expanding our services, so it is an exciting time to be joining our friendly and dedicated team.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) provides hospital services to around 570,000 people living in Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire, and specialist services to patients from all over the country.
We deliver a full range of district hospital services in a variety of locations.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working – all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.
This advert closes on Monday 10 Apr 2023
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.