We think you should feel inspired when going to work, not just by the people you work with and the service you provide, but by the
positive impact you make. This is exactly what we do at Nviro. We look after our team, so they look after our customers who make a
real difference in our communities.
We are looking for a Deputy Service Manager to join our team on the Isle of Wight to support the Service Manager and be a point of
contact for the Area Cleaning Managers and our clients on a daily basis.
* Job type: Permanent, full-time
* Hours: 40 hours per week
* Salary: c£30,000 p.a. plus Company Van
* Location: Isle of Wight
The Team: you will report to the Service Manager for the region and manage two Area Cleaning Managers who look after a variety of
sites including schools and council offices.
Please note: DBS and Police Vetting is required for this position.
Deputy Service Manager Responsibilities:
* As Deputy Service Manager, you will support the Area Cleaning Managers to ensure you have an engaged and motivated team of
* Build solid working relationships with your team to ensure they understand what is expected of them and why what they do
* Build strong working relationships with the on-site customer to ensure they are happy with the service we provide and make
recommendations to make it even better.
* Monitor cleaning operations through hygiene and cleaning audits to ensure standards meet the required specification.
* Develop your team through regular 1-2-1s and training on skills such as specialist cleaning operations.
* Manage your team. You’ll be supported by our People team to get the most out of your team, but occasionally this may include
sickness and absence management, disciplinary and grievance investigations, conflict management and mediation, as well as
* Communicate company messaging to cleaners, keeping them engaged through a variety of methods, and relay any employee feedback
through the appropriate channels.
* Be a technical expert for the cleaning solution, advising clients and your line manager of recommendations and opportunities
for additional or specialist work.
* Deputise for the Service Manager when appropriate for service delivery requirements.
You will have:
* Sound experience in a supervisory role. If that’s in a contract cleaning or facilities management environment, that would be
useful, but as experts we can teach you what you need to know.
* The energy and enthusiasm to get things done and an ability to juggle workload and priorities
* A recognition of the importance of health and safety procedures.
* A willingness to learn and act on our HR processes including recruitment, people management, training, and disciplinary and
* Excellent organisational and numeracy skills.
* Able to work well under pressure.
* The ability to communicate, in English, clearly and concisely. Being fluent in another European language is beneficial, but not
We will give you:
* A tailored induction plan: you do not need to have worked in the Cleaning Industry before. We can teach you all you need to
know to become an expert in our field.
* Variety: It won’t get boring, as you will be looking after different sites across the Isle of Wight.
* A great culture where you’ll be surrounded by supportive, enthusiastic, and engaged individuals.
* Flexibility, a blended working approach to office and homeworking, and a commitment to providing a work-life balance.
* Competitive salary.
* Flexible working.
* 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
* Annual ‘Be a hero’ volunteer day.
* Comprehensive training.
* IT equipment.
* Employee discount portal.
* Employee assistance programme.
* Fully expensed staff development days.