Deputy School Business Manager who has excellent organisational, time-management, budgeting, team leadership and staff management skills is required for a well established Academy Trust based in Waterlooville, Hampshire, South East England.
The Directors are looking for someone who either already has a Certificate in School Business Management and experience in this role in a smaller school and are looking for a greater challenge. Equally the Directors welcome applications from those with Finance, Administration and Facilities Management experience and who already have a Level 4 qualification in Finance or Facilities management and is looking to work in School Business Management.
The school is happy to provide the required training and development opportunity for the right candidate leading towards completion of a Level 5 qualification in School Business Management, MBA or equivalent.
SALARY: £44,215 – £49,520 per annum / Support Grade G, (depending on experience)
LOCATION: Waterlooville, Hampshire, South East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. 8.30am to 4pm on a Friday
APPLICATION PROCESS: We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Deputy School Business Manager who has excellent organisational, time-management, budgeting, team leadership and staff management skills.
Working as a Deputy School Business Manager you will initially work on providing a wide range of school support management duties, working with a dedicated support team and deputising for the Director of Business and Finance.
As a Deputy School Business Manager you will be a key position within the School which will bring the opportunity of further development into the full spectrum of School Business Management responsibilities across the Trust.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Deputy School Business Manager will include:
• Coordinate the day-to-day management of compliance with:
o The Health & Safety at Work Act
o Fire Emergency Evacuation procedures
o Disability Discrimination Act
o Control of substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
o Electricity at Work Act
o Asbestos Management regulations
• Management and any other statutory requirements associated with the buildings and personnel
• Develop and manage a rolling programme of planned and preventive maintenance in order to maintain the premises to the highest order
• Ensure that reactive maintenance reporting system is managed according to site wide priorities
• Responsible for the operation of school minibuses
• Oversee the management of premises security
• Assist in for the annual review of the Site Security Policy and associated risk assessments
• Manage, train and deploy staff resources to meet the needs of the school
• Support the Director of Business and Finance in organising specifications for larger works, obtain estimates, raise orders, check works
• Liaise with contractors as required
• Administration of the physical arrangements for on-site activities beyond the school day including evenings, weekends and holidays
• To be the link person for the Local Authority in relation to the School Travel Plan
• Provide line management support to the business support manager, with the
• day to day operations within Student Services and Business Support
• Responsible for the role of ‘Assistant Budget Manager’. This will involve closely liaising with the Chief Financial Officer in regards to budgets
• Provide support to the site manager on matters relating to facilities management
• Undertaking the business and financial management elements of HAF and Summer School schemes
• Educated to A Level standard or equivalent with passes in Maths and at least one other A Level subject
• In possession of a CSBM or L4 qualification in Finance or Facilities Management
• Willingness to undertake further qualification at Level 5 in School Business Management or equivalent
• Ability to motivate and manage a team
• Excellent time management, communication, organisation and listening skills
• Has up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to Health and Safety
• Good IT Skills
• Stamina and resilience and ability to work under pressure
• Strong commitment to team-working and partnership
• Experience in a mixed comprehensive setting
• A NEBOSH or IOSH Certificate
• Confidence, Imagination and vision
• Sense of humour
• Proactive problem solver
We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P10300
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Waterlooville, Hampshire, South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk