We are looking for a personable, dedicated and compassionate Receptionist for our Children, Young People and Families Services.
We have 1 full time vacancy, working every day from 9am until 5pm – based at the University of Reading, Earley Gate.
Our ideal candidate will have good interpersonal skills to interact with our service users. As a first point of contact, you will be a vital ambassador for our Service, providing an important link between the families and our clinicians.
Berkshire CAMHS is a multi-disciplinary community-based service that serves a child population of approximately 300,000 across the County. The teams comprise of child psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, family therapists, nurse practitioners, psychotherapists, art/play therapists, social workers and Primary Mental Health Workers.
Interview Date will be 11th April 2023
• The successful candidate will be approachable and understanding, along with the ability to deal with sensitive and challenging situations. You will need to be confident in using the full Microsoft Office suite including Outlook and Word.
• To operate a computerised telephone system, answering incoming calls and forwarding to the appropriate department.
• You will also be required to work on your own initiative and demonstrate a willingness to help others, as a key member of the team. Therefore, the ability to build effective relationships, with a flexible approach to work is essential.
• Approving room bookings and entering information onto our patient database.
• Greeting patients at our clinics and overseeing the clinic rooms/waiting area.
• Support the administration team with organising and franking outgoing mail.
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated ‘outstanding’ by the CQC, we’re committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
The trust employs almost 5,000 people over more than 100 sites and community settings across Windsor & Maidenhead, Slough, Bracknell Forest, Wokingham, Reading and West Berkshire.
As an inclusive employer, we value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall 100 Top Employer. Whatever your background or individual needs, at Berkshire Healthcare you’ll be supported by friendly and professional managers to succeed.
These are the values that we live by at Berkshire Healthcare:
• Caring for and about you is our top priority
• Committed to providing good quality, safe services
• Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
• Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
• 27 days’ annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell leave
• Generous NHS pension scheme – 20.68% employer contribution
• Excellent learning and career development opportunities
• Advanced IT enablement
• ‘Cycle to Work’ and car leasing scheme
• Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
• Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants via the Blue Light Card
• Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and more to support equality
• Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave and access to our three staff nurseries
The 4 “must haves” for this role:
1. Excellent interpersonal, observational, and reporting skills, able to deal with sensitive and challenging phone calls.
2. Confident in IT skills and using Outlook and Word.
3. Previous experience of working in an office and/or customer care environment.
4. Able to work in own office, overseeing a busy waiting area.
If you’re someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and let’s be outstanding together.
We welcome a conversation about flexibility and any other questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to call: Simone Yates on 07976 328018 or email:email@example.com’ll be delighted to help.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.
This advert closes on Monday 3 Apr 2023
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.