Due to career progression an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, dynamic, motivated nurse, who has an interest in Colorectal Nursing and Stoma Care . We are looking for an individual who is a team player, able to work independently, self- motivated, patient focused, amenable and flexible. If you would like to gain Colorectal Cancer and Stoma knowledge, experience and exposure to this interesting speciality we invite you to join our team.
Band 5 or 6 dependent on experience.
As a key member of the specialist multidisciplinary team you will support patients through their diagnostic and treatment pathway responding to patient care and support patient needs using an holistic assessment framework, mostly in the hospital setting with occasional community input.
As a colorectal/stoma nurse you will help manage a caseload with support and leadership from your team leaders. You will work collaboratively with colleagues and liaise with healthcare professionals both within the hospital and community setting.
You will need to be a confident person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate that you are highly motivated, professional with a willingness to continually provide a high standard of care to our colorectal cancer and stoma patients.
Training and education will be provided to develop and build on your existing knowledge.
This role will involve cross site working.
To gain insight into what the role entails an informal visit is highly recommended.
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! – https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
• As part of our BHT family, you’ll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
• We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
• We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
• We’re committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
• As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
• Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for?
• Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
• Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
• Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
This advert closes on Friday 7 Apr 2023