Responsible for personal health and safety and that of others around you.
• To ensure that all working practices within your work area are safe and report any infringements to your supervisor.
• To ensure that all work carried out complies with instructions given.
• To be aware of activity (task) target hours and make every effort to ensure that these targets are achieved or bettered.
• To carry out Toolbox Talks to ensure a complete understanding of what is required, prior to commencement of work.
• To preserve and maintain all company tools and equipment in your care.
• To machine the range of company parts in the most efficient manner and to a high-quality standard to company standards and HSEQ regulations and guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Good CNC machining and programming skills in an engineering workshop.
• Good knowledge of machine shop practices such as measuring/ programming / machine set up / turning grooving and threading.
• Good understanding of surface finishes, speeds, feeds and inserts to achieve specific finishes.
• Knowledge and experience of machining various metals including carbon and alloy steels, bronzes, stainless and nickel alloys.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualification 4 Year Engineering Apprenticeship