This is an opportunity for dedicated staff to join our Patient Access Centre Teams at Queens Hospital Burton. Here you will be part of a team committed to delivering the best possible customer care.
Post will be based at Queens Hospital Burton
Days of work between: Monday – Saturday (8.00am and 6.00pm)
Some of our services operate 6 days a week which will require a flexible approach to days/hours and allocation of duties (Saturday working and a variation of start and finish times may be required).
You will operate as part of the Trust’s Patient Access Team that has the responsibility for the delivery of high quality and responsive outpatient, health records and referral-to-treatment education and validation services. This brings huge benefits in terms of shared learning to improve our services for patients and superb opportunities for staff personal and professional development and career advancement.
The role is busy and varied and includes extensive PC use, it is therefore essential that candidates have excellent keyboard skills with a knowledge of Microsoft word or similar.
There may also a requirement for light physical work in the movement of case notes.
You should be well motivated, organised and have the ability to cope under pressure whilst being flexible to the changing environment.
You should be an effective team player who is capable of working well within the team or autonomously
First class communication skills, recent customer service experience, and prior administration experience is also essential to this role.
Closing date of applications: 06 April 2023
Interview date: 20 April 2023
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
• Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
• On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
• A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
• Our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients daily
• We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
• An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – 6th largest in the country
• Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients daily.
• We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
• We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
• We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB – this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
This advert closes on Thursday 6 Apr 2023