It’s an exciting time for our Parking Services Team, last year we were one of the first Local Authorities outside of London to be granted powers to enforce Moving Traffic Contraventions. We need you to help us operate and maintain the CCTV enforcement of these contraventions, working with our well-established CCTV enforcement team. Further development plans are in place to introduce more and a wider variety of enforceable sites- we need you to help us achieve them.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
We need you to be accurately able to watch CCTV to record contraventions and create evidence packs using specialised software. You will need to be able to attend sites to record evidence on location, including taking photographs and using on-board recording equipment from a vehicle. Whilst no prior knowledge is required, an ability to understand the legislation and the impact this has on the CCTV enforcement you will be carrying out is a must.
Key areas of responsibility include:
– Creating CCTV evidence packs
– Ensuring site records are kept up to date
– Assisting with the set-up of new sites
– Maintaining knowledge of relevant legislation
– Working with the team to constantly improve delivery
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team – work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency – show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious – be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading – maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
We’re looking for someone who has an eye for detail and enjoys process driven work; someone that will become an important part of a small team of subject matter experts. You do not need any direct experience of CCTV enforcement work, however you should be open to learning and operating new systems in a heavily legislated area.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn and operate and develop new systems
• Hold/willing to train for a nationally recognised CCTV qualification
• General understanding of relevant Bus Lane and parking policies
• Able to work on own initiative and within a team
• Able to record contraventions accurately
• Able to work to deadlines
• Must hold a valid full UK driving licence
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
• Generous holiday entitlement – 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays – rising to 32 days after 10 years’ service, with the option to buy additional leave
• A wide range of flexible working opportunities
• Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
• Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Life Assurance – three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
• On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
• Season Ticket Loan – a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
• Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 2nd April
Interview Date: Week commencing 17th April
Interview Process: Computer based exercise and Interview
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.