Care Support Worker (Personal Assistant)Location: Burntisland, KY3 9JX.
Salary: £10.80 per hour.
Contract: 35 hours per week (Various contracts available dependent on successful applicants’ availability and preference).The Best in You Brings Out the Best in MeLet us introduce you to Lara:Lara lives in her own home in Burntisland with the support of her personal assistants. Lara is supported by 2 personal assistants at all times. She loves going for a nice walk on a sunny day, getting her hair done and spending quality time listening to music or watching films. She is always smiling and can always make us laugh and smile. Lara loves to be busy and to listen to people chatting and having a laugh. She likes to have a busy weekly planner with lots of activities to do. Lara has complex health needs and needs full support with every aspect of her life.
That is why Lara needs you! Will you bring your best so that Lara can live her best life?Personal Assistants (Support Workers) have the most important role within ENABLE Scotland by making a positive difference every day to the lives of the people we support. No two days are the same for our Personal Assistants but what we can guarantee is that you will be supporting someone with a learning disability to achieve their goals and outcomes – whatever they may be!Each person we support has different support needs, so your role as Support Worker may include assisting them with various aspects of personal care, moving and handling or positive behavioural support whilst expanding their social networks and connections.
ENABLE Scotland creates a bespoke team around every individual we support, and our team of Personal Assistants work collaboratively to ensure the safety, wellbeing and aspirations of the people we support are met.
About YouIf you think you share the same interests and have the commitment, dedication, and above all, desire to support Lara to get the most out of life; then please apply now!ENABLE Scotland needs you and your values to help us create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.You don’t need experience in care to start your social care career with ENABLE Scotland. We recruit people based on their values and transferrable skills. Wherever your journey has taken you up until now, join us, and together we will forge a new path in what could potentially be the most rewarding role you have ever had!About UsENABLE Scotland is a dynamic and vibrant organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and we are looking for motivated and driven individuals to join us in ensuring they have the same opportunities as everyone else.We believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities. These include, but are not limited to:* Person Centred approaches, planning and thinking
* Introduction to autism
* Epilepsy awareness
* Moving and Handling
* Adult support and protection
* Child support and protection
* First Aid
* Positive Behaviour SupportWe also have an excellent range of staff benefits on offer including but not limited to:* Health cash plans providing a wide range of health benefits to help people cover the cost of their everyday health care.
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Cycle to Work Scheme*
* Season Ticket Loans*
* Generous Refer a Friend scheme
* £1000 Qualification Payment for successful applicants who hold a SVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care or equivalent*Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
Note: The successful applicant will be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of their start date.*terms & conditions apply