Care Support Worker (Personal Assistant)Location: Bridge of Earn, PH2 9EA.
Salary: £10.80 per hour.
Contract: Both part-time and full-time contracts available. Let us introduce you to Bryan:Bryan loves being outdoors and going for a walk with his staff on these rare sunny days in Scotland, he likes to be out and about in his community and just being as generally active as possible. A typical day could be going to the shops to ensure Bryan has all the essentials he needs, or even just to have a wander around his local community. In his downtime, Bryan enjoys watching movies, listening to music or interacting with his sensory items and his staff. Bryan receives support 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. The shifts are usually between the hours of 8am – 8pm and 8pm – 8am. Sadly, it’s not always possible for Bryan to enjoy what many people would consider these ‘simple pleasures’ without proper, dedicated support.That is why Bryan needs you! Will you bring your best so that Bryan can live his best life?Personal Assistants (Support Workers) have the most important role within ENABLE Scotland by making a positive difference every day to the lives of the people we support. No two days are the same for our Personal Assistants but what we can guarantee is that you will be supporting someone with a learning disability to achieve their goals and outcomes – whatever they may be!ENABLE Scotland creates a bespoke team around every individual we support, and our team of Personal Assistants work collaboratively to ensure the safety, wellbeing and aspirations of the people we support are met.The Best in You Brings Out the Best in MeThe people we support have many varied interests and hobbies and have many of the same dreams and aspirations as we do; they just too often do not get the opportunity to experience these same opportunities. A career with ENABLE Scotland is as rewarding as it is diverse, Personal Assistants at their best have the potential to truly bring out the best in the people we support.About YouIf you think you share the same interests and have the commitment, dedication, and above all, desire to support Bryan to get the most out of life; then please apply now!ENABLE Scotland needs you and your values to help us create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.You don’t need experience in care to start your social care career with ENABLE Scotland. We recruit people based on their values and transferrable skills. Wherever your journey has taken you up until now, join us, and together we will forge a new path in what could potentially be the most rewarding role you have ever had!About UsENABLE Scotland is a dynamic and vibrant organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and we are looking for motivated and driven individuals to join us in ensuring they have the same opportunities as everyone else.We believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities. These include, but are not limited to:* Person Centred approaches, planning and thinking
* Introduction to autism
* Epilepsy awareness
* Moving and Handling
* Adult support and protection
* Child support and protection
* First Aid
* Positive Behaviour SupportWe also have an excellent range of staff benefits on offer including but not limited to:* Health cash plans providing a wide range of health benefits to help people cover the cost of their everyday health care.
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Cycle to Work Scheme*
* Season Ticket Loans*
* Generous Refer a Friend scheme
* £1000 Qualification Payment for successful applicants who hold a SVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care or equivalent*Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
Note: The successful applicant will be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of their start date.*terms & conditions apply