This role blends product knowledge and expertise, a knowledge of interior design trends and excellent customer service with administration and processes associate with a vibrant retail environment and associated stock management. You will:
• Use your people skills and product expertise to sell, advise on, and promote our tile and associated product ranges to members of the public and trade customers, face-to-face and over the phone.
• Represent the CTD brand and contribute to the profitability and reputation of your branch by working as part of a team of dedicated professionals to achieve sales targets.
Joining the CTD family
You will be joining an organisation with over 50 years of tiling experience. CTD is the UK’s best-known tile brand for trade customers with four large warehouse hubs and 84 branches UK-wide, as well as operating an e-commerce website – ctdtiles.co.uk.
CTD also sells to architectural practices, house builders and builders’ merchants sourcing on-trend tiles from a variety of European suppliers.
Knowledge, skills, qualifications, and experience
• Customer service – provide outstanding service, professionalism, and attention to detail to customers (face-to-face and over the phone).
• Sales drive – use product and sector knowledge effectively to enhance customer relationships to increase sales through adding value and link selling.
• Communication skills – greet and build rapport with customers and find solutions that satisfy customer enquiries.
• Confident and friendly telephone manner.
• Over-the-counter sales experience (desirable not essential).
• Knowledge of general warehouse duties (desirable not essential).
• Showroom sales experience (desirable not essential).
• Product knowledge – be a passionate advocate for our products and share their benefits with CTD customers.
• Teamwork – actively contribute to the success of CTD through positive teamwork with peers, colleagues, suppliers, and the local community.
• Computer systems literate – demonstrate competence in using Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, and stock control systems (like Kerridge) in order to complete the job requirements.
• Knowledge and awareness of business processes – awareness of Health and Safety procedures and business controls.
• Clean driving license (desirable).
Key result areas
• Deal with customers face to face.
• Ensure branch standards are maintained.
• Have a welcoming and confident approach when dealing with the public.
• Offer exceptional customer service, even when under pressure.
• Ensure showrooms are clean and tidy.
• Ensure point of sale displays are up-to-date and accurate.
• Complete customer orders over the phone.
• Offer specific advice to customers on products and their use.
• Maintain an awareness of interior design trends and the role that tiles have in renovation schemes.
• Carry out all cash transactions, refunds and till processes accurately and in accordance with branch procedures.
• Select items from stock to fulfil customer orders, unload vehicles efficiently, check deliveries and put away stock as necessary.
• Participate in our annual stock checking and management processes.
• Inform customers in advance of delivery to highlight problems and indicate approximate delivery time.
• Ensure all CTD documentation is completed in a professional manner.
• Complete training activity to develop your role and your core skills.
• Comply with relevant legislation, company policy and procedures (Health and Safety, HR, business controls).
• Keep up to date with changes in relevant regulations, legislation, market developments, products and company news.
• Demonstrate flexibility and team-working in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the business.
• Carry out ad-hoc duties when required to meet business needs.
Communications and working relationships
• Branch Manager
• Assistant Branch Manager
• Other branch staff