About The Role
In your role as a Kitchen Assistant at HC-One, you’ll value one thing above all. Kindness. It carries across every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care homes. Every single person who works here understands that our Residents are people just like them with their own stories to tell. By joining HC-One you’ll have a wonderful opportunity to give something back to those people.
As a Kitchen Assistant that will mean helping to prepare and serve nutritious, healthy meals that our residents will love. You’ll demonstrate the highest standards in cleanliness, food safety and hygiene. And, whether you’re maintaining food supplies and fridge/freezer temperatures, showing new starters how to use the equipment or scrubbing that last bit of spilled food from inside the oven, you’ll always have Resident wellbeing in mind above anything else.
HC-One are looking for a Kitchen Assistant with some kitchen experience, but what’s for certain is that you’ll have either an NVQ2 in Catering or Food Preparation or the willingness to study for one. Great record keeping and organisational skills will be essential, as will the ability to follow recipes. And, whenever you communicate with a Resident or co-worker, you’ll be truly considerate and kind.
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and therefore it is important that you are able to recognise the signs which may indicate possible abuse, harm or neglect in its different forms and know what to do if there are any concerns. All colleagues are required to attend safeguarding training appropriate to their role and to undertake additional training in associated areas. You also have the ability to seek appropriate advice and report concerns, including escalation if action is not taken.
About The Company
We’ll provide full training, so it’s a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career as a Kitchen Assistant we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
– Hourly rate is subject to experience and qualifications.
– Paid Enhanced DBS/PVG
– Free uniform
– During a shift of eight hours or more a nutritious meal will be available
– Company pension scheme
– 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
– Group life assurance cover
– Award-winning learning and development and support to achieve qualifications.
– GP online – a service providing around the clock GP consultation via an interactive app – available to you and your children under 16
– An opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
– Colleague discounts – Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
– Wellbeing – free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
– Excellent recognition schemes such as ‘Kindness in Care’ and Long Service Awards
– An attractive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 per referral, depending on the role
We are passionate about ensuring that our current and future Colleagues can be their true selves, and that our workforce represents the communities we serve. We prioritise inclusive working practices and invite applicants from all backgrounds into our HC-One family and we are committed to providing the quickest possible turnaround from the point of making you a job offer to you starting with us on day one.