Assistant NDT Engineer
Rosyth, UK – Hybrid – Working from home options available
£45,000 – £52,500 + benefits
Full Time / Permanent
Role ID: SF49757
Make Your Skills Count
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Assistant NDT Engineer at Rosyth.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
Marine Engineering & Systems
The Assistant NDT Engineer role is based within Marine Engineering & Systems.
At our site in Rosyth, we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our engineering, specialised manufacturing, gas handling systems and naval marine businesses
The difference our new Assistant NDT Engineer will make
As an Assistant NDT Engineer, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You’ll work to support the project level III’s and drive continuous improvement across the NDT programme.
Day to day, you’ll manage and maintain the NDT reporting system and lead health, safety, security, environment and quality for all NDT operations. You will also assist the NDT supervisor in reviewing reports and ensuring all client specifications and standards are being met.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with days in the office/onsite and days working from home.
* Hold PCN Level II in MT, PT, RT, UT (3.1, 3.2, 3.8, 3.9)
* VT and RT Rad Interp PCN Level 2 preferable
* Extensive recent and relevant experience of handling high profile strategic projects
* Proactive but with the ability to react quickly when necessary to meet challenging objectives
* Must have or be able to obtain the necessary level of security clearance
What we offer
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.