This is a fantastic kick start to a career in the Aviation industry, With Gama Aviation , based at Glasgow Airport .This Apprenticeship for 16-24yrs ( up to age 29yrs may apply if specific criteria is me , please see Equalities Act 2010 ) Only those that meet the age criteria will be contacted .
he FBO Ground Handler role is an integral part of the Scotland region’s operational and compliance structure, ensuring effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the company’s business activities whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism, appearance and customer satisfaction via excellence in customer service activities.
The role is responsible on a shift basis for exemplary customer service, safe ground handling operation of company and third-party aircraft as well as the completion of various Health & Safety checks.
You must be 18yrs or over to apply for this role
What will I learn?
As well as working towards completing your Modern Apprenticeship Qualification in Customer Services SCQF 6 , You will be trained to carry out the following:
• Rules, Regulations Processes and Procedures – typical of aircraft
operations in and around a major airport facility
• Aircraft Refuelling, Towing and Marshalling
• Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements in the
• Customer Service practices involving key private and public service
• Knowledge of CAA managed flight movement criteria and associated
• Maintenance of essential CAA and H&S records in relation to ground
• Escort duties involving passengers, patients and emergency vehicles
on site as required.
• Fire Warden/Marshall duties
What qualification or qualities are required?
• National 5 level – English, Maths & Business Management
• Computer Literate
• MS software packages
• Abilities in Physical and Mental co-ordination
• Organisational capabilities regarding aircraft movements and placement
• Hand/Eye co-ordination regarding marshalling of fixed wing and rotary