A rare and exciting opportunity for a young person to join our Facilities Team , in Mears Group , so if you live within the Livingston area and are looking for an exciting and challenging career, apply now.
This is a fantastic kick start to a career. This is an Apprenticeship for 16-24yrs ( up to age 29yrs may apply if specific criteria is me , please see Equalities Act 2010 ) Only those that meet the age criteria will be contacted
You will work towards completing your Facilities Services Modern Apprenticeship Qualification SCQF 5
• To ensure that all business and service level requirements are achieved
for the designated business unit.
• To ensure that the service provided to the facilities meets the contract
specification and is managed in a compliant and safe manner.
• To attend to site reactive tasks as required and assist other trades as
What will I learn?
You will be fully trained to carry out the following –
• To ensure that all planned and preventative maintenance programmes
are completed to time and budget.
• To assist in providing estimates for additional works.
• Organise/Coordinate and assist with the compiling and production of
various reports including Lifecycle Condition Surveys and various
other specific projects.
• To meet and exceed contract specific KPI’s and ensure contract
compliance at all times.
• If required, assist with client engagement and attend meetings as
• To promote the highest possible level of customer care
• To ensure all company systems and procedures are adhered to at all
times and where required implement
• To cover as required in the absence of the work colleagues
• To carry out tasks on other sites as required throughout the FM
• To ensure compliance with all company policies including equal
• To ensure full compliance with relevant health and safety requirements
• Ensure that relevant Task Specific Risk Assessments are available for
tasks such as but not limited to Work at Height, Electrical, Gas,
COSHH and Manual Handling.
• Develop a concern for personal safety and the safety of others.
• Take care of your own health and safety and the safety of others whilst
at work and ensure you do not cause harm to others or the
environment through your acts or omissions.
• Ensure Good Housekeeping at all times.
What qualification or qualities are required?
No formal qualifications are required for this role, but a hard working, can attitude is key, as the eagerness to learn.