Administration Services Manager
37.5 Hours per week
The post holder will provide support to the Care Group Head and Deputy Head of Operations and Operational Support Manager. The post holder will manage secretarial/administrative staff and co-ordinate and manage the Medical Roster to provide an efficient and effective service.
The successful candidate will have experience of clinical administrative systems and ideally some experience of managing staff and a good understanding of the priorities of the NHS
The Administration Services Manager will manager secretarial/administrative staff to provide and efficient and effective service.
The post holder will participate in the development of corporate objectives, policies and strategic plans. The post holder will be expected to organise their own workload and that of the divisional secretarial/administrative teams.
Responsible for ensuring optimum use of physical capacity throughout administration teams to deliver service, and to ensure robust plans are in place to develop and improve the administrative role in line with new practices.
The post holder will be expected to develop and co-ordinate the delivery of high quality training to administration teams, ensuring training delivery meets customer’s needs and is delivered professionally and effectively
This is an exciting time to work for Liverpool University Hospitals based at the new Royal Liverpool site.
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf
Follow us on Social Media:
Facebook – Liverpool University Hospitals Careers
Instagram – @LUHFTcareers
Twitter – @LUHFTcareers
Planning and Organisational Tasks
1. The post holder will manage a complete administrative service including word
processing, audio typing composition of letters, diary management, and
2. Prioritise incoming requests for support, using judgement, expertise of
speciality and experience to decide on service priorities.
3. Maintain close working relationships between consultants, Directorate
Management Teams and patients where appropriate.
4. Introduce and implement new practices to enhance service development.
Developing protocols and procedures for improving clinical
5. Provide weekly and monthly planning reports to ensure cross cover support
arrangements are actively being monitored.
6. Develop office and administrative practices to continually improve services
7. Ensure compliance in relation to new policies including 18 week pathway,
inter provider transfer documentation.
8. Manage staffing levels and workloads across specialities, to ensure
performance standards are met.
Responsibilities for Information Resources
9. Communicate complex and sensitive information with a range of staff across
10. Maintain accurate, timely and legible records.
11. Maintain consistency with standards of patient care
12. Ensure contact with patients/relatives regarding non clinical advice, is
provided in a tactful and sensitive manner.
13. Record and input data onto databases and systems as required
Knowledge and Experience
14. Use knowledge of administrative procedures and software programmes to
improve service efficiency and effectiveness
15. Exercise judgement when dealing with patient enquiries, analysing and
resolving problems at source.
16. Recognise the effective utilisation of all appropriate development resources
17. Promote the ethos of continuous improvement.
18. Manage the 18 week/departmental pathways, within the
19. Manage areas of change within secretarial/administrative teams which will
lead to improvements in quality and efficiency.
20. Support in the project management of changes that effect
21. Use knowledge to arrange meetings, set agenda, chair meetings and take
Responsibilities for Human Resources
22. Be expected to provide day to day management to the
23. Conduct appraisals ensuring all staff have a Personal Development Plan.
24. Manage sickness absence for secretarial/administrative teams, taking action
25. Manage performance issues accordingly
26. Manage annual leave for secretarial/administrative teams
27. Undertake lead role in recruitment and selection of staff in accordance with
28. Implement and communicate trust policies to the secretarial/administrative
Responsibilities for Financial Resources
29. Participate in ensuring the effective use of all financial resources providing
and delivering the service.
30. Responsible for authorisation of flexi time sheets for secretarial/administrative
31. Manage ordering and delivery of goods and services for
31 Develop internal departmental quality assurance measures to validate the
quality of transcribed outputs.
32 Undertake regular audits to ensure workloads are disseminated accordingly.
Responsibilities for Training
Manage new staff induction
Facilitate a learning environment to enable all members of staff to develop
Be innovative, developing, implementing and evaluating new training
materials and approaches.
To provide specialist training on procedures and software programmes for administration
teams to ensure best fit within the services.
Deliver high quality training, responsible for co-ordinating, planning and preparing training
facilities and materials prior to courses, ensuring there is an adequate system in place to
effectively plan courses and venues.
Ensure that learner feedback on the training delivered is collated and acted upon.
Ensure all staff attend mandatory training
Actively encourage staff to use on-line training facilities.
Provide support to other team members, demonstrating skills and techniques
to staff with less experience.
Develop new packages for training
To ensure all training participants comply with Data Protection Act.
Attend department meetings to ensure collaborative working, sharing of
knowledge and to understand, support and advocate the communication and
change management work stream objectives throughout the Trust.
Act as a source of advice for staff on training issues.
Bring together standardisation for secretarial/administrative teams as part of the
training programmes, including writing and implementing standardised procedural
* Any other duties required by line manager
This advert closes on Tuesday 11 Apr 2023