Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper – flexible working options incl. hybrid working
Crowder Consulting is a professional business of consulting engineers, software developers and data analysts. As an SME, we are positioned in a niche area of the water industry, being able to offer our leading Water Network Management System, Netbase, to water operators in the UK and internationally, along with our engineering consultancy, data analytics and field services.
The Role – Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper
Reporting to the Company Secretary, working as part of our small accounts team within our head office in Birkenhead, your duties will include:
• Maintaining accurate accounting records on Sage 50 Accounts and Microsoft Excel
• Completing banking duties including payment of suppliers, foreign petty cash, and multi-currency bank reconciliations
• Managing purchase ledger
• Preparing monthly income statements, sending invoices (in consultation with the project managers), and recording foreign currency receipts for the sales ledger
• Undertaking credit control activities
• Preparing and submitting VAT returns
• Producing and collating information for monthly management accounts and annual accounts, including profit and loss and balance sheets
• Forecasting cash flow and profit and loss using information provided by Project Managers
• Producing monthly financial reports for the Senior Management team
• Permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, 7.5 hours per day
• Flexibility with start and finish times, start between 8am and 10am, and finish between 4:30pm and 6:30pm
• Hybrid working option (following successful completion of probationary period), enabling you to combine working from our offices in Birkenhead, with working from home 1 day per week
• Starting salary in the region of £28,000 to £32,000, with the level dependent on experience
• Comprehensive training and career development opportunities
• 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service to maximum of 28 days plus bank holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
Our Requirements – Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper
• Proven experience with accounts administration and producing monthly management accounts information
• Advanced working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts or similar accounting software such as Xero or Quickbooks, in addition to good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• High level of attention to detail, along with accurate and timely data entry skills
• Highly organised with strong communication skills
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and ambitious
• Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
Although not essential, being AAT qualified or equivalent would be highly advantageous, as would experience using pivot tables.
More about us
Our head office is in Birkenhead and we have regional offices in Penrith and Swindon. Our software and services are used by major water operators in the UK and Ireland, South East Asia, the Middle East, the Caribbean and South America.
The term ‘smart water’ is used in the industry for the type of software and consultancy services that we provide, and indeed we are at the forefront of innovation towards the advanced use of sensors, controls, modelling and analysis for future network management.
Established in 1985, our team of over 120 employees are at the heart of what we do. We are proud to have been Investors in People accredited since 2004, a testament to our commitment to developing all personnel. We benefit from a longstanding workforce and continued growth plans provide superb career opportunities, making this a great time to join us as an Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper.
All applications for this Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.